Saturday, July 28, 2007

A walk around the yard

A walk around the yard today revealed the first of my rudbeckia blooms. They're small and need to be transplanted and they look like some bug is rather happy with them, too!


And a rose bud. Not enough to make gulkand but a rose nevertheless!

Some mint that has flowered. Not a great picture but the blooms are every teeny and this is without a macro lens.

Some lingering sedum blooms

Pink delosperma that is threatening to take over the little bed

A bee having its fill on my Russian Sage that is bending over with the weight of the teeny blooms

And my mums are flowering early this year. They have barely grown some leaves.

That pesky but pretty mountain harebell pops its head everywhere

And some other new and unwelcome visitors this year. I didn't notice any last year. They are growing in a carpet of grass, weeds and spent Russian sage blooms.


I'm happy! This is so much better than last year!

7 introspections:

Anita July 29, 2007 8:25 PM  

Girl, your garden is blooming! The pink delosperma is so pretty! As is the mint.

I'll tell you about the gulkand - I had a couple of blooms to start with, and then I added every one that bloomed that week - so not more than five or six small flowers is what I made glukand with! ;-)

Indian Food Rocks July 29, 2007 9:53 PM  

Anita, it doesn't appear to be when you look at it - you do have to hunt for the blooms!

I am considering doing what you suggested for the gulkand ever since I spotted another rose bud on the same straggly bush today. Let's see! I'd better spring into action tomorrow itself!

bee August 02, 2007 7:53 AM  

nice array of flowers you have there. the russain sage will give tons of wsaplings. are youo planning to replant them? we did, and we have lots of russian sages. i love them 'cos they hardly need watering or care.

Indian Food Rocks August 02, 2007 10:41 AM  

Bee, there are way too many yellow jackets around. Replant them? They are perennials and come up each year. Should I be dividing them? And, yes, I love that they are drought tolerant, too!

Argus Lou August 10, 2007 4:02 AM  

All your plants and flowers are lovely -- even the weeds!

Sree August 16, 2007 3:04 AM  

I wish i could take a walk in there! It looks exotic, i can smell the grass and the blooms.

Sree August 16, 2007 3:09 AM  

My favourites are in this order-
sedum blooms
mushroom
bee on sage
:)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP