Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Flower Fest - I for Iris

Iris. Never really cared for these flowers. The 'hairy beard' put me off. So I never really paid any attention to these flowers. Until last spring, when I saw several buds in my yard that I did not recognize...


A walk around the neighborhood told me that I was the expectant gardener of the common iris. And when they bloomed, I was in love. The petals are so delicate and they come together so well, that I was soon overwhelmed by their true beauty.


I further realized how much I cared for these plants when they were attacked by whiteflies. Hosing them down with soap and water did not work so I had to resort to pesticides. This spring, if we ever get there, will tell whether the bulbs survived.


Flower Fest - the A-Z of FlowersThis is my second entry for the letter I in the Flower Fest - the A - Z of Flowers.

Flower Fest is the brainchild of Nature & Me and Sree. Every two weeks, the focus will be on a letter of the English alphabet. The current letter is I. I am submitting photographs of flowers as my entries.

Tags: , ,

4 introspections:

Anonymous January 10, 2007 9:18 AM  

Manisha - Such delicate frills and what a pleasant shade of purple.

Anonymous January 11, 2007 10:50 PM  

I loved it, too! I couldn't believe how beautiful they were!

Anonymous February 02, 2007 7:56 PM  

Great shots! and lovely shades of purple, I really enjoyed it. thanks for incredible site

Anonymous March 11, 2007 1:49 AM  

Sureshg, thanks!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP