Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flower Fest - M for Mountain Harebells



Mountain harebells, from the genus Campanula are typically found in the montane and subalpine zones. It's a perennial and this particular plant was growing wild in my yard.

Mountain harebells have bell-shaped blue-violet flowers that are about an inch in length. These are also known as bluebells of Scotland.



Flower Fest - the A-Z of FlowersThis is my entry for the letter L in the Flower Fest - the A - Z of Flowers.

Flower Fest is the brainchild of Nature & Me and Sree. Every two weeks, the focus will be on a letter of the English alphabet. The current letter is M. I am submitting photographs of flowers as my entries.

Tags: , , ,

2 introspections:

Anonymous March 17, 2007 12:45 AM  

If you have that growing wild in your yard, who would want to plant anything! Just a few or bunches of them? They would look beautiful in a patch with maybe some daffodils...wild meadow!

Anonymous March 17, 2007 2:11 AM  

Yeah! I'm hoping they show up again. I might pull them out and group them together.

I yanked out some long grass-like stuff last summer. Turned out to be wild garlic. Then I wished I hadn't crushed it so. But nothing in my yard is organic or at least I don't know that it is organic. I have thyme, too. It smells great. I was so excited when I found mint. Then I found it *everywhere*. Miles of roots and heads cropping up in every flower bed. It's very intrusive. So much so that it wanted to compete with the dandelions in the lawn. I did put some mint leaves in my tea and I'm still alive so I guess it can't be all that bad. Who knows what chemicals there are on the food we eat in any case! Sigh!

My lilies are coming up. As are my irises. Which means the dandelions will be coming soon, too. Need to address all that this weekend!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP